share

Les Salles Lavauguyon FERMEE

LES SALLES LAVAUGUYON

Description

Situated on the route of Richard the Lionheart, the village of Les Salles Lavauguyon is well-known for its church, a master-piece of Limousin romanesque art. It was founded in the 11th century by the Viscount of Rochechouart, the priory being added in the 12th century. Already famous for its beautiful façade and its long nave sloping upwards in successive levels towards the choir, the discovery in 1986 of a collection of 12th century frescos depicting the ‘Announcement to the Virgin Mary', the ‘Creation‘ (Adam and Eve), the lives of several saints as well as various other illustrations, has made this a site not to be missed. It was listed as an Historic Monument in 1907.

Contact

Company

  • Les Salles Lavauguyon FERMEE
    87440 LES SALLES LAVAUGUYON
  • Website

Opening hours

Opening hours

    from 08 august 2022 to 01 january 2100


Location & access

Les Salles Lavauguyon FERMEE

  • 87440 LES SALLES LAVAUGUYON
  • lat. 45.753887 - lon. 0.701111